Kidcam Camps is looking for a Summer Day Camp Program Manager to create and organize activities in a 10-week, Summer program at one of our 30 Kidcam locations.
Position Overview: The primary function of the Program Manager is to initiate, create, and maintain weekly schedules including daily group activities, transitions, field trips and transportation.
Essential Function and Responsibility:
- Understand and demonstrate the Kidcam Mission in every way, and support the Spirit of Summer foundational elements.
- Develop 10-weeks of programming of traditional and Kid’s Choice curriculum to be implemented each week.
- Develop program schedules to include all camp activities, transitions, logistical information and fieldtrips.
- Provide training and support for counselors as needed as related to planned activities.
- Resolve programmatic details so that counselors can focus on relationship building with campers.
- Procure and provide supplies and equipment for daily activities.
- Ensures smooth transitions between beginning and ending each activity for their camp.
- Gathers help and runs most large group activities for your camp.
- Attends morning kickoff meetings to share schedule details, delegate responsibilities and discuss questions or concerns.
- Write a concise evaluation of camp schedules and activities each week detailing highlights, problems, tweaks, notes of interest, recommendations, and ideas to be provided to the Camp Director.
- Keep track of necessary supplies and equipment inventories, for upcoming activities.
- Responsible to assist Camp Director with the general atmosphere of the camp, stimulating staff and camper morale and enthusiasm, being aware of needs and problems.
- Follow & Implement the standards, policies and procedures set forth by Kidcam in the American Camp Association accreditation forms and toolkit.
Position Availability: late May – early August . Training & pre-camp meetings during the off-season – March- May.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: Must be physically and mentally able to meet the challenges of navigating and working in destination based facilities.