Kidcam Camps Job Description: Group Leader
Purpose of the Job
The main function of the Kidcam Camp Group Leader is to supervise activities on and off campus for a specific age group and to insure the safety of the campers. The Group Leader will be the immediate adult supervisor in charge of all campers and counselors for a specific age group. The Group Leader will also attend and assist with all orientations, registrations and counselor and CIT job interviews.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Suggest on and off campus activities to be scheduled by Kidcam for
the summer camp.
- Work with the camp director in developing a daily and weekly
schedule of camp activities.
- Patrol campus and make sure the groups are following the daily and
- Supervisor should be visible on campus throughout the entire day.
- Carry a daily schedule of activities and field trips, and daily bus
schedules for swimming.
- Notify counselors and bus drivers of any schedule changes.
- Give suggestion to counselors to improve their skills and abilities.
- Assist camp director in organizing and conducting Talent Search,
Relays, Big Movies, and video room each week. Inform the groups when to arrive, what time to be at the activity and where the activity is being held.
- Assist Camp Director in conducting weekly meetings with camp counselors and staff.
- Work with Camp Director in organizing the CIT program.
- Rotate all CIT’S to give them the opportunity to work with a group.
- Assist Camp Director in investigating and documenting all staff,
parent, and camper incidents or complaints.
- Check in on groups periodically throughout the day.
- Do not allow groups to be idle. They should always be
involved in an activity.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all Supervisor training sessions. These will usually be 2 hours
- Assist Camp Director with training of staff.
- Make a list of possible improvements and discuss them with the counselors at the weekly meetings during camp session.
- Be in close contact with the camp director. Report to the camp
director regularly to keep him/her informed of any potential problems.
- Have counselors periodically check campus for any damages that
might occur in facilities. Report any damages to the Director
- Supervise field trips as directed by the camp director to make sure the
counselors are organized and doing their jobs.
- Assist Camp Director in evaluating every counselor and CIT each
week in writing. Fill out a final evaluation on each counselor and CIT
at the end of camp.
- Recommend termination of counselors and CITS to the camp director
if they are performing poorly.
- Assist camp director in rotating counselors on and off according to
enrollment guidelines set forth by Kidcam.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with children in a school setting.
- Experience managing and supervising employees.
Extent of Public Contact
- Maintain a good rapport with the facilities staff.
- As necessary, meet with parents to discuss issues related to their