Kidcam Camps is looking for a Summer Day Camp director to lead the operations of their 10-week, Summer program at Kidcam Manhattan @ St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.
The main function of the Kidcam Camp Director is to lead the day-to-day operations of the summer camp while camp is in session. The camp director will also be responsible for organizing and conducting events & recruitment prior to the start of camp, and compiling records and summaries at the end of the summer.
Basic FUNction and Responsibility
- Understand and lead the Kidcam Mission in every way, and support the Spirit of Summer foundational elements.
- Develop 10-weeks of programming of traditional and Kid’s Choice curriculum to be implemented each week.
- Adhere to the direction of Kidcam in the recruitment, interview, hiring, position assignments, rotation, laying off, termination, for the camp staff.
- Conduct two, 6-hour training sessions for all camp employees the prior to the start of camp.
- Collect and organize all employee records & on-boarding paperwork.
- Build relationships with camp parents in a way that makes the Camp Director a known and trusted leader.
Conduct weekly meetings with camp counselors and staff.
Ensure the safety of all camp employees and participants.
- Manage the food program effectively and efficiently.
- Keep track of food, office, cleaning, apparel and sports equipment inventories, and pack for storage at close of camp.
- Manage all Fiscal responsibilities at camp.
- Document employee attendance and prepare and submit payroll to the Kidcam office.
- Investigate and document all staff, parent, and camper incidents or complaints.
- Organize and create a schedule of “daily” camp activities for staff and parents.
- Follow the policies and procedures set forth in the Camp Director Handbook.
Position Availability: late May – early August | Up tp 20 hours of training & meetings during the off-season.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: Must be physically and mentally able to meet the challenge of navigating and working in destination based facilities.
Reporting and Relationships: The Director of Kidcam Camps reports to the COO of Kidcam, as well as leads a team of Group Leaders and counselors on a daily basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
-Be First Aid and CPR certified
-Experience working with children
-Experience managing and supervising employees
-Understanding of basic computer skills such as Word, Excel, Email, Internet.
-Ability to learn and manage the Kidcam Camp Management Software System on a daily basis.
- Belief that with the right support and access to quality programs and experiences, all young people are able to achieve at the highest levels imaginable.
- Self starter with a track record of success in achieving organizational objectives, including the conception and implementation of new programs initiatives and supporting sustainability for existing programs.
- Calm under duress and able to make critical decisions in a quick and logical manner to minimize risk and ensure the safety and well-being of participants and staff.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred – a degree in education, recreation, camp management, social work, psychology, or other related and applicable field. Experience planning and leading groups of young people on adventure trip/travel programming preferred.
Per American Camp Association Accreditation Standards the Camp Director must be a minimum of 25 years of age by start date.
Compensation: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Email Resume: Melissa@KidcamCamps.com