Kidcam Camps is looking for a Summer Day Camp director to lead the operations of their 8-week, specialty day camp program, Every Day Away by Kidcam Camps.
Every Day Away Summer Camp is a day camp concept for children in 3rd-8th grade. Campers will not stay put, but get off campus every day as they enjoy new destinations & surprising excursions. Destination distances are up to 2 hours from New Orleans Base Camp location.
Basic FUNction and Responsibility
This individual oversees the design and delivery of all camp and expedition programs, creates and maintains a positive camp culture, builds and promotes a community of inclusivity for diverse team members and campers, and models the Kidcam values in actions and expectations.
As the leader of this program, this individual will manage all daily camp operations including travel itinerary, as well as schedule changes of any means and needs to be able to act quickly when the schedule does change as well as communicating the schedule change to parents.
Position Availability: June – July | Up to 20 hours of training & meetings during the off-season. (no camp week of June 29.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: Must be physically and mentally able to meet the challenges of navigating and working in destination based facilities.
Reporting and Relationships: The Director of Every Day Away by Kidcam reports to the COO of Kidcam, as well as leads a team of Group Leaders and counselors on a daily basis.
- Grit, Growth Mindset, Self Management, Teamwork, Empathy, and Initiative.
- Belief that with the right support and access to quality programs and experiences, all young people are able to achieve at the highest level imaginable.
- Self starter with a track record of success in achieving organizational objectives, including the conception and implementation of new program initiatives and supporting sustainability for existing programs.
- Calm under duress and able to make critical decisions in a quick and logical manner to minimize risk and ensure the safety and well-being of participants and staff.
- Per American Camp Association Accreditation Standards the Camp Director must be a minimum of 25 years of age by start date.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred – a degree in education, recreation, camp management, social work, psychology, or other related and applicable field. Experience planning and leading groups of young people on adventure trip/travel programming preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Email Resume: Melissa@KidcamCamps.com